For Domestic Students: Regular admission criteria for the Graduate School is required for all prospective degree-seeking Emergency Health Services graduate students. You must have an undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0. If your grade point average is under 3.2, you will be required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for entrance into the Emergency Health Services program. Completion of another post-graduate degree with a GPA of at least 3.0 is an acceptable substitute. Those wishing to “test the waters” or to enroll in one or two courses without degree candidacy may register as Non-Degree Students. Consult with a departmental advisor for more information. Applications are available through the graduate school.
***The GRE requirement has been waived for students with a GPA below 3.2 but with at least a 3.0 for SPRING 2022 and FALL 2022 applications. Future waivers are pending further review. GPAs under 3.0 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.***
For International Students: Along with admission criteria for the Graduate School, an English proficiency test is required for most international students.
Minimum Scores Required:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 80
- IELTS: minimum score of 6.5 overall (Preferred a 7.0 overall), with a minimum 6.5 in both written and reading comprehension.
- PTE Academic test: minimum score of 53
- Duolingo: minimum score of 105 overall (prefer a 115 overall), with a minimum 105 in both Literacy and Production. (Accepted for the current cycle of admissions)
Consult the UMBC Graduate School International Admissions page for further requirements and deadlines.
Application Submission Deadlines:
FALL (August) Semester start:
- Domestic Students – July 1st
- International Students – March 1st
SPRING (February) Semester start:
- Domestic Students – December 1st
- International Students – November 1st
Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis