- All EHS paramedic concentration lower-division requirements must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher prior to taking any paramedic clinical courses.
- Paramedic concentration students are required to purchase malpractice insurance through the university and scrubs and clinical uniforms from the department while engaged in clinical and field experience.
- Other fees and costs may be associated with participation in clinical and field training.
- Students are required to provide their own transportation to clinical and field experience sites.
- Personal health insurance coverage is strongly recommended.
EHS paramedic concentration majors are required to submit a formal application to the paramedic track by March 15, preceding the first semester that the student is eligible to take paramedic clinical courses (which is normally the Junior year). THIS APPLICATION WILL BE SENT BY EMAIL to put your name on the application list for the upcoming cycle please email Kyle Bates.
The application packet must be accompanied by:
- A copy of the student’s Maryland EMT-Basic or National Registry certification
- Current CPR (BCLS) certification
- Acceptable verification of status of physical health and immunizations
- Verification of active EMS experience, including documentation of at least 100 patient contacts with assessments prior to the first semester of paramedic clinical courses
- Four recommendations as suggested by the program
- Official transcripts from all colleges or university programs
- Verification of a background investigation. The program reserves the right to require drug screening prior to or at any point in the program.
- Affiliation with a Maryland fire or EMS agency is STRONGLY encouraged
The application package, including academic record, will be reviewed by a selection committee. Final selection of students will be based on a personal interview, the ability to complete any remaining credit hours of EHS paramedic concentration lower-division requirements prior to the beginning of the first semester of paramedic clinical courses and the student’s previous emergency care experiences. Interviews are scheduled in April.
***Applicants with a misdemeanor or felony convictions should contact the program director prior to applying.
THIS APPLICATION WILL BE SENT BY EMAIL to put your name on the application list for the upcoming cycle please email Kyle Bates.